• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My first forum old desease

Hi my family calls me cherbear I was diagnosed in 1987 when I was pregnant with my second daughter, I honestly thought I had the flu, then I Nievely thought after I had my baby this would go away and I would never think of it again, haha. Most of my years raising children were on prednisone, only way I could function. At the time they even did 80 mgs. Now at 52 after being in remission for several years it is back with a vengence, Maybe it' seems more painful and harder since I am older and don't have small children to take care of, when you have his desease and little ones you do what you have to do to take care of you kids and family, it is amazing how one can find the strength when u have no choice, my dr wants me to go on the Humira now, I actually will start next Tuesday. Excited and nervous, but we all know the pain of a needle is no big deal after years of this illness. Just wondered about others results on the Humira and if there was any side effects such as depression , Thanks to all cherbear

Hi! I know what you mean to be sick and just getting by with looking after little ones. I started Humira a little over 3 years ago and it has given me great remission. I do the preloaded injection and find it no problem aswell. I used to inject it every two weeks, I have recently had a minor flare and went to weekly injections and am feeling much better. Humira has allowed me to be off prednisone and be a wonderful mother to my son. I have had no side effects. Actually, when I first started, maybe the first two months I felt crappy the day after the injection, but them felt fine. I only had that for the first two months, I don't have it anymore. Other then that, no side effects, just great quality of life.

Best of luck to you!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello there, welcome to the forum :)

I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering lately. This disease can be tough on anyone, it always amazes me how people manage bringing up children etc, I hope I can be as strong as you when I have my own little ones in the future.

I hope that humira does the trick for you. We've got quite a few members who have used it any many of them have had good results, we even have a sub forum for it which you can find here. You might find it helpful to take a look and see what others have shared, and then you could start your own thread with any questions or concerns you have too.

If you have any questions about anything else then please feel free to ask, we're all here to help each other, and it sounds like you have a lot of experience to share, which will be a great asset to our community. If you ever need to just rant and let off steam then that is absolutely fine too, we all understand how frustrating and scary this condition can be at times and we will never judge you.