• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My first post - Another Fistula After Surgery

Hi, I've just joined as I feel so alone & want to talk to any other women who understand what living with a rectovaginal fistula feels like. I had advancement flap surgery a week ago to cover up my fistula, but much to my horror 3 days later it appeared the surgery didn't work & now I'm leaking poo worse than ever before :( Am very depressed & waiting to see my surgeon again next week to see what else he can do for me. I feel like a filthy pig & can't get off the toilet/out of the shower. Anyone else been in my situation? Had crohns since 1999 & trouble with fistulas for many years.

Last edited:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you're going through this. Are you currently on any meds?
I've heard great things about remicade and fistula healing.

Sending you my support.

Hi, thanks for your welcome and support:)
I tried Humira then Infliximab for around 2&1/2 years with no luck. Currently not taking any meds but have been on pred on and off for years and also Imuran and originally dipentum. I have seen 3 surgeons and this was the first one who said he'd attempt to fix it so I was very hopeful, but he said there was only a 50% chance it would work. My Crohns has primarily been in my back passage for the past 9 years or so, but had a lot of trouble in my colon earlier on.
Just trying to get thru each day and feel better, as it appears since the surgery my Crohns has flared up a bit and I'm spending half the day on the toilet. So glad I found this support group anyway :ghug: