• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My introduction

Hello there!! This seems to be the place I was looking for - my name is ken and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 2002. - I had a procollectomy at mt sinai (md Harris). Recently I got very dehydrated was admitted to Winthrop hospital with a bowel tumor. Mercifully the tumor was benign but I dont think my bowel will ever wake up from surgery and this ngt is torture thank you anyone for reading

Ken

Surgery itself only a week ago, problem is my bowels won’t wake up and the ngtube slides out of place so these torture masters have to keep emplacing it 3 times Ina week. I amin serious pain and wish it would end. When will my bowel wake up anything to do to enhance it ? Ken

I would let your doctor know what is happening. I remember after I had my resection the doctors had them take a picture of my insides because they thought my bowels should have started working before they did. I hope you feel better soon.

I would let your doctor know what is happening. I remember after I had my resection the doctors had them take a picture of my insides because they thought my bowels should have started working before they did. I hope you feel better soon.[/QUO

How long did you have to wait for your bowel to wake up