• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My journey

Hello I am new to this website so here is my story. I will try to keep it short.

I have been sick for most of my life but I did not get diahnosed with Crohns disease until 2009 after getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy. They only decided to finally test me because I was dieing. That day they told my parents that if I did not have the test that day I would die in two weeks as they wouldnt be able to start a medication. But if I had the test I had a very high chance I would die that day because my heart was failing. I was tacky cardic. I did indeed begin crashing and so it took longer for me to wake up from the anthestetic. After that I had a liquid diet for 6 weeks and began azathrioprine. During that time i had loads of tests, too many to truly remember what each individual one was. I was decent for about a year and then I had another server flare up. This is when I began humira. A year into it I hit remission I am I still in remission now after 2 and a half years of humira.

The problem I have now is we are about to loose our healthcare and so I wont be able to afford humira anymore... Not unless I can get help from then which im hoping for. I dont knoe of any healthcare that covers almost completely. I was wondering if anyone else has been on it and come off it just to stay on something else like azathrioprine to stay well? Has anyone ended their course and how did you cope after stopping?

I am about to start Humira and I would look into their patients assistance program. They are covering the cost for a whole year. Good luck!