• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My life with Crohns

Hi everyone! My name is Teresa and I am 37 yrs old. I have had crohns for 20 yrs and recently diagnosed with diverticulitis. I was diagnosed when I was a teenager. I've had reconstructive bowel surgery in 2000 and a resection in 2004. They found crohns during an appendectomy. I currently don't take any home meds due to insurance readons but all that is changing this month. I am currently in the hospital for crohns.Partial bowel obstruction due to inflammation and scar tissue. I've never been pregnant and they say its because I've always had active crohns but who knows right? In the past I have taken prednisone (which they think my body has becomed dependant on),Imuran, salumedrol,Remicade and Humira. They are testing me to see if I built up any antibiodies to Imuran and Humira if I haven't then thats the meds I'm gonna be back on. Not exactly sure what I am pose to write here so if I have left anything out please feel free to let me know! I think this site is going to be very useful for me...Thanks!!!

P.S ...I seen a post earlier that I can't find now about white cell counts....mine was at 30,000 when I was admitted this time...not sure what is normal for me.

Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. I hope you have not built up antibodies. This forum is very supportive. Let us know how you are doing.

hello,

I have Crohns which nearly killed me with septic shock. The odds were only 10% that I would live. Also I got dementia from the septic shock. I have red marks on my fore arms from the steroids. I am 65 old.

hello,

I have Crohns which nearly killed me with septic shock. The odds were only 10% that I would live. Also I got dementia from the septic shock. I have red marks on my fore arms from the steroids. I am 65 old.
I am sorry for all you have been through. Welcome

hello,

I have Crohns which nearly killed me with septic shock. The odds were only 10% that I would live. Also I got dementia from the septic shock. I have red marks on my fore arms from the steroids. I am 65 old.[/QUOTE

Oh wow....gpad your ok now....ive never heard of septic shock....can u explain what that is please?