• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My life...

Hey whats up guys, I'm 15 years old, discover that I had crohn at about 10 mouths, and lately I'm feeling very depressive, bad with my self, I don't know what to do...
I found this forum today, I feel a bit better when I saw that there's a lot of people with the same disease that I have, that make me feel better...
I wish that I can meet some friends in that forum. I'm From Portugal, but I know how to speak english :)

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

This disease can take a huge toll on us both physically and psychologically.
I encourage you to discuss this with your doctor.
Sending you my support.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi Tiago and welcome :)

its normal to feel depressive after a diagnosis, accepting a disease is not an easy thing. Its quite a challenge, we know the feeling. Try to meet with your friends as much as possible and remain socially active, this could help to change your mind.
Im glad you found the forum. Do not hesitate to ask questions if needed. there is also a teen section in the forum you may want to join :
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Hi Tiago. Welcome to the forum. Is Normal to feel like that at first. I can tell you it will get better. My daughter was diagnosed at age 14. She is 19 right now and 3 years in remission. She is doing wonderful at college and working. Don't let this disease control your life, once you find the medicine that works for you, everything will look better. Visit the teens forum or you can ask any questions in any of the forums.