• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My little story

Hi my name is Travis and I have had Crohn's since 2008. My real battle with it didn't start till last year though. That's when the hospital trips started and my disease went from mild to severe. In the last 6 months I have spent maybe 2-3 of them in the hospital. I am on prednisone, mesalamine, mercapatorine, and mental meds because I have steroid psychosis. swamped in debt, hardly keeping up with my payments for my meds. I started a gofundme thingy to get aid in that respect and it is helping. But emotionally I need to talk to others who understand which is why I came here.

Having my arms covered in wounds from blood being drawn, burst vains, IV's, the mental stress of it all. Hair falling out, tired all the time, rapid weight gain and loss. I just... it's so hard. I hate having to carry a bag around in case I have an accident, I hate being to weak to work, and I hate how so many people are unwilling to sympathize or understand. Yes I am venting now. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Welcome, Travis! I, too, am new here but have found comfort in the posts I have been reading for a while now. The folks here sound great are are so supportive of one another! I'm sorry to see that your Crohn's has been upgraded to severe and I hope you are feeling well soon.

Hi Travis,

I agree - Crohn's is so hard. And it is especially hard because most people don't really seem to understand what it means to live with this disease. It can certainly be a day in day out battle at times.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much but I hope having people here on the forum who can relate to what you are going through helps.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles.

Have the doctors not brought up the idea of utilizing a biologic therapy?

Also, have they tested your vitamin B12 level? B12 deficiency is one of the most common causes of feeling tired all the time in people with Crohn's and it is an easy fix if diagnosed.

We're here for you.

Yeah, my B12 is fine, they watch it closely due to my steroid psychosis. Thank you all for the kind words.. I hope to find support here. :) Reading some of the stories has renewed some hope for me.

You'll do just fine here with this forum. It's a great place to vent and tell your stories, and ask the questions that everyone hesitates to ask their families or friends.

Being new here myself I have also found hope in stories from others. Stories like yours , and I shall be wishing you the best until your back on your feet. 😁

Hey Travis. It's crazy, your experience sounds exactly like what I went through 2 years ago. Just keep your head up and look forward to better days. Plenty of people in this community to talk to for support :)

I just wondered have you ever tried or considered Exclusive Enteral Nutrition because of the issue with steroids?

I hope you'll soon find the right treatment for you to get into remission and enjoy good health again