• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My med history

my med history

thought i would just jot down my woes and meds. right hemicolectomy Nov 09-60cm, skip lesions, perforation with sack of infection size of hotdog bun on illeum, two fistulas, apendectomy(why not ..it was there!) apendix was 9inches long(creepy).two strictures with 1cm openings. meds... cipro, flagyl, pred, tried remicade but had some seizures so switched to humira (better for me.. but i believe remicade is great for some) azathioprine 200mg daily, and cholestyramine 2packs daily. calcium and d..when i remember !! I have a pretty healthy diet as i like to work out 3 or 4 days a week , but i loooove a good spicy bowl of chili once in a while , and i refuse to let this disease control me absolutely. oh yeah ..b12 shots as needed. sorry for my rambling , i'll shut up now. mmmm chili....better have a rice cake! cheers, simon

Angrybird

Hi Simon :) I love your post, it gets to the point and tells us that yon have gone through all the fun and games of this disease. I totally agree about control, there are times when I will eat what I bloody want as well. If I am going to have pain, tummyaches and D I might as well have enjoyed the food that is going to give me grief. Would you say symptom/health wise things are going well for you now?

Thanks AB,if I may call you that?, feeling very welcome on this site, wish there was a giant room (with lots of loos!) where we could all sit and chat, but this is great talking with all of you around the globe. things are pretty good for me right now . no cramps , some minor aches in my joints, but i do like to push myself on the workouts..turn 48 in March. I try not to stress about things I cant control, and I'm an artist by profession, so its a relaxed work enviro. still get the hershey squirts now and then, and I never assume it wont get worse again , so I'll just enjoy things for now. cheers to you and all in my beloved former home (uk)

Angrybird

AB is fine :) I do think you have the right attitude and when I finally get back to a good place I am really going to try and appreciate it more and not take it for granted.

Astra

Hiya Simon
and welcome

same age as me, same bloody determined attitude too!
you're gonna enjoy it here with us!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx