• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My one-year anniversary of diagnosis is coming up

Last year I wasn't feeling well when I would run sprints or run in general. I played it off as if I just wasn't in shape. I didn't truly expect something was wrong until I threw up during a basketball game. After several blood tests, visits to 3 different types of doctors, and a colonoscopy they finally diagnosed me with Crohn's disease. Since then my doctor has put me on Remicade, and I have made multiple diet changes excluding gluten, dairy, soy, and other things from consumption. I am starting to feel better and am able to play basketball like before. I am still experiencing bad days, as expected, and I feel tired most of the time. This does not stop me from going to every basketball practice and living my life. I am doing my best to kick Crohn's butt.

Well done on keeping up with the basketball, and glad to hear you are starting to feel better :)