• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My scar suddenly hurts!

So my scar where they cut me open, is almost 8 weeks old now, but the last couple of days, it starts hurting like shit, when my abs are active. For example, if i sneeze. My god, it hurts! Or random movement where my abs are being a little bit active. Or if I stretch my body.

When I touch the scar, I can feel scar tissue, but the pain is coming from inside. It doesnt hurt if press the scar with my fingers or hand although it is a little sore. But if i use my abs, the pain is coming.

Do anyone know what this is? Is it "just" scar tissue?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hey. It sounds like there may be an infection brewing. Give the doctor a call and play it safe.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
The first time I had a hernia, the first warning sign was pain at the incision site when I coughed a certain way or sneezed.

Yep, my first symptoms from hernia was that too, like vonfunk said.

Give a call to doctor, just in case.

Hmm, I asked my stoma nurse. She said I've probably overused my abs, because I started training again. If it's not getting better on Monday, I will call the doctor.

I asked people on anoter board, and im getting a little afraid. Sounds a lot like hernia to me :( Jesus f*cking christ.
How can this get better? Can they remove it? Or do I just get a support belt, and have to live with it?
I love bodybuilding, but bodubuilding with hernia, is a no-go I think.