• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My short but complicated story

Hi my name is Kerri and i was diagnosed with Crohn's in November of 2013. But there was a lot leading up to my diagnosis. I had been suffering (in silence) with symptoms as well as severe anemia for well over a year and a half before I ended up having such bad abdominal pains that sent me to the ER for fear of it being my appendix. After CT scans and being admitted to the hospital they found i had sure signs of Crohn's Disease and an infection that was causing my appendix to become inflamed. After being released they followed up with a colonoscopy to confirm that i did indeed have Crohn's and my GI doctor that diagnosed me, immediately started me on Imuran and Asacol. With constant nausea, and no relief from symptoms/pain i was then switched to Methotrexate which also failed me which caused my GI to put me on 80mg of prednisone! I also had to have 6 weeks of iron infusions to stabilize my blood levels back to normal. Needless to say i found a new GI doctor that I'm much happier with, who has started me on Humira and I'm coming off of the prednisone. Ive only done my first initial shot of my Humira so its hard to say if its working yet. Last week I was back in the ER with a partial small Bowel obstruction and admitted for 3 days. Just starting back to work after that whole ordeal has been exhausting. Been feeling very self conscious, depressed and down about everything, my fiancé turned me onto this forum for support. So i guess this is my hello to everyone, I'm really terrible at these things :/

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

You've really gone through the tinker with this disease. I'm glad you found a GI you like.

Sending you my support. This is a great place to find people who understand.

I don't get it. Everyone is getting messed up by the drugs, but no one is speaking up. All the drugs the doctors prescribe make you weaker and weaker. They do nothing to heal your insides. If you want to heal yourself, you need to go to the root, or the doctors end game will have you cutting out your organs, which will shorten your life.