• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My short intro.

my short intro.

i was diagnosed with crohns when i was 9 years old (2000?). Its been a long 10 years. for the first 3 years or so i was great. the diseae wasn't bad and i lived pretty unaware of my problems to come. in 10th grade after most of my crohnie life in remission, it hit me. i was sicker than ever. i feel into a terrible depression but got better for an entire summer. then it happened again and its been bad for 3 years now. i just finished my first year of college, i now live on my own in an apartment and am trying to live as happily as i can. my friends and family are nothing but supportive and i am extremely grateful for them. some people in my life were not so friendly. in 10th grade i shit my pants at school and a student who didnt like me decided to make it public. so began my years of depression and hate of life. im a happy man now.

ive been on tons of pills, methotraxate (HATE IT:mad2:) and remicade. all of which i dont take now.

i am currently on pentasa and am starting humira this week. please i hope this works. happy to be in the forum! cant wait to make some online crohnie friends.

did either of you have any side effects on the pentasa? i had extreme abdominal pain that put me in the hospital when i started on pentasa.

i have been on it for 4 months after a emergency stricturplasty, so far so good. it is considered a pretty mild drug with a good side effect profile. hope your feeling better, you have to just hang in there. be well

i dont think it is supposed to more, but i could be mistaken. i dont have any flares either, but i was just diagosed in april and i am 54, had emergeny surgury for a obstruction, surgeon told me, lucky to be alive, so who knows. hope your ok

good to hear you two didnt have any problems with it and are keepin your flares down. i'm pretty good now, entocort is working for me.

dude, the way i look at this is that if you can avoid surgury, your ahead of the game. i was lucky, now i feel ok, but there is always tommorow, be well

dude, the way i look at this is that if you can avoid surgury, your ahead of the game. i was lucky, now i feel ok, but there is always tommorow, be well
thanks! i always think that. i am one of the lucky ones who never needed surgery. but i still suffer. oh well. the future holds promise for us crohnies.

i was diagnosed with crohns when i was 9 years old (2000?). Its been a long 10 years. for the first 3 years or so i was great. the diseae wasn't bad and i lived pretty unaware of my problems to come. in 10th grade after most of my crohnie life in remission, it hit me. i was sicker than ever. i feel into a terrible depression but got better for an entire summer. then it happened again and its been bad for 3 years now. i just finished my first year of college, i now live on my own in an apartment and am trying to live as happily as i can. my friends and family are nothing but supportive and i am extremely grateful for them. some people in my life were not so friendly. in 10th grade i shit my pants at school and a student who didnt like me decided to make it public. so began my years of depression and hate of life. im a happy man now.

ive been on tons of pills, methotraxate (HATE IT:mad2:) and remicade. all of which i dont take now.

i am currently on pentasa and am starting humira this week. please i hope this works. happy to be in the forum! cant wait to make some online crohnie friends.
hey buddy and welcome :)
so you are 19? thats cool im 20 and there have been a TON of youngins in our age bracket popping up around here. kinda crazy.

meh sorry to hear about your awful school expereinces =/ i dont know that i ever had anything that bad happen....kids are such assholes i mean really?! why do you have to screw someone elses life like that. but i dealt with the...judgement...too i guess, just worrying about how long i spent in the bathroom and like who noticed when i left and came back and omg the pred changes, those were very obvious on me, and i had crapping myself issues as well. that is something that even now, people dont understand. you think that anyone over the age of 20 would be adult enough to understand a medical issue like that but seriously i have had people like disown me after telling them that LOL. people suck.
but like you said, some people are great and nothing but supportive so im glad you have that as well =]

what made you hate the methotrex? i only ask because i hated it as well. i dont even know why really....getting the shot was not especially painful or anything, just the process of it.....makes me sick to my stomach. even just thinking about it and typing about it right now i am getting nauseous as hell and clammy/sweating. really what is that?! why such a physical reaction to just the thought of something.....idk even today the smell of purell and alcohol wipes sets me off as well. completely strange.
something else i realized recently, and i stopped the methotrex years ago....i was watching one of those animal shows where they collect snake venom you know? i have noticed many times that it is the EXACT yellow/gold color of methotrex.....and that is so frakking creepy i dont even know what. i just hated that sh*t....
but if it had made me feel awesome? idk maybe i would have a better relationship with it lol.

idk anyways super long random tangent here, but welcome and theres lots of good info and people around here so hang out read post whatever =]

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Justin and :welcome:

Good to see you here. As has been mentioned there are heaps of young adults on here which is good and you will be a welcome addition. There is a Humira Club and this is the link if you haven't already found it...............ah I see you have.

I know surgery is a great thing to avoid but to be honest it gave my daughter her life back, just thought I'd throw that one in there. ;)

I hope you stick around and welcome aboard!

Take care, :)
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Justin welcome!! My son was dx last year at age ten. I always like the perspective of you guys who have been dealing with this from such a young age. Hope you stick around!!!

Astra

Hi Justin
and welcome

So much for someone so young, and I'm glad you're happy now, school sucks!
good luck with the Humira, hope it's 'the one'
lots of young uns here for you, glad you found us!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

what made you hate the methotrex? i only ask because i hated it as well. i dont even know why really....getting the shot was not especially painful or anything, just the process of it.....makes me sick to my stomach. even just thinking about it and typing about it right now i am getting nauseous as hell and clammy/sweating. really what is that?! why such a physical reaction to just the thought of something.....idk even today the smell of purell and alcohol wipes sets me off as well. completely strange.
something else i realized recently, and i stopped the methotrex years ago....i was watching one of those animal shows where they collect snake venom you know? i have noticed many times that it is the EXACT yellow/gold color of methotrex.....and that is so frakking creepy i dont even know what. i just hated that sh*t....
but if it had made me feel awesome? idk maybe i would have a better relationship with it lol.

idk anyways super long random tangent here, but welcome and theres lots of good info and people around here so hang out read post whatever =]
omg! methotrexate gave me the same effect! at first it was the small little pills. the sight of them became nauseating and i had to switch to the syringe. the needle didnt hurt at all. but then i began feeling sick for days after taking it. the sight of the needle made me feel sick and i would take a long time to work up the strength to take it.

like you said, looking at something with the same color as the metho. pills makes me sick. even thinking about it does. its the medicine. theres something not right about it! thats why i stopped it.