• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My short story and few tips

Hi, I was first diagnosed with UC in 2012 with symptoms of bloody diarrhea and sometimes mixed with constipation. I've tried oral and rectal medication (Pentasa) and they provide little help. During the 6 years I've tried many different things that most of you may have never heard before, and even lived in a Chinese hospital specializing in UC/CD with traditional Chinese therapy for 2 months. Their treatment methods involved full body massage, submerge foot in herbal medication, acupuncture. I have a very different understanding of cause and treatment of IBD from all the things I've tried and experienced.

If I can recommend something for you, I'd recommend to:

1. Avoid cold drinks/water/food
2. Purchase a heat pad or make one your own by filling the bag with course sea salt or dry red beans. Heat the pad in microwave till it's toasty and cover your abdominal area - especially area of inflammation. It is also very helpful if you can do the same for feet. Keep your tummy and feet toasty and warm for a good hour or so a day and see if it helps you. It definitely helps me.

Cheers