• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My son sad story

Hello,

My name is Cristiano, I have a 3 years old boy, that from 6 months old start to have bloody diarrhea. This all start after we dicided to give him
rotavirus vaccination. since that time till now we only see my boy without bloody stools for 1/2 moths just after he finish the first treatment of
corticoids for 1 year, after that time he started again with bloody stools.

What did he passed:
He was internee on the Hospital for two times, fisrt to try to find out what he had the other one for recover from a big relapse. He already had 2 colonoscopy, 1 endoscopy, tested to diverticulum, 2 iron session on vain and 1 year of cortioids, they (doctors) what now to start with immunosuppressants. When I start reading about the side effects of
immunosuppressants we diceded to start alternative treatments.

What we already did:
Macrobiotic, homeopathy, ozone therapy, LDN, Vitamin D, none of this treatments result in remission, he would get better one day the other he get worst. We could not tell that this or that treatment made him better.

We do not know exactly what our boy has. it is an intestinal inflammatory disease of unknown origin, but every thing points to chron.

We are at one point that we are thinking to submit our boy to the
immunosuppressants because he could not stay anymore at this suffering.

I read a lot about MAP and crohn and that explain a lot of his problem, I read that a vaccine is at this point being made, but only will release on 2018.

What I ask is that anyone could give me an alternative thing that I could try on a 3 years old boy that could releif him from his actual state.

Thanks and sory for my bad English we are from Portugal

my little penguin

Staff member
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Parents section above

Infantile crohns is a different animal than adult /teen crohns
Or even very early onset which occurs under age of 5
They should be doing testing for immunodefeciency since infantile tends to mimic crohns but doesn't respond the same as adult meds

Malgrave had a child dx as a toddler

Tagging Farmwife pilgrim Crohnsinct
Jmrogers clash
Tesscom
Maya142

Hi and welcome.
My girl was dx at 3 but had suffered since infancy. She got the flu at 3 months of age and never the
same.
Now she's 7 years old.
We like you tried all the " alternatives" but she only got worse.
Like you she doesn't fit a neat little box for one type of ibd.
Unfortunately young ones tend to be hard to treat but treating them is still so important!
She now is on Remicade. It's a big dig with scary side effects.
BUT!!! Ibd is a big scary disease with big scary things that can happen as a result of this disease.
She is so much more better on this drug and she may not be a 100 percent yet, it's still an improvement over what she was.

If you have any questions ask away.
My Grace is in the hospital now ( because of her arthritis) for the next couple weeks, so I'll check in when I can.