• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story- 26 year old female diagnosed after honeymoon

Hello!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a few years ago, but I decided to finally join this forum for support!

2010-2011
After getting back from my honeymoon in December 2010 I began to get symptoms similar to a traveler's bug. Eventually when the symptoms continued throughout the winter I got my first colonoscopy which made my doctor think I may have Crohn's. I started to take Pentasa. I've had various stomach issues all of my life, so I honestly was not very shocked by the potential Crohn's diagnosis.

My Crohn's flared up in the spring so I was given an 8 week dose of Entocort with the Pentasa. With my second colonoscopy my doctor confirmed I had a mild case of Crohn's.

My Crohn's flared up in the spring again and another 8 week dose of Entocort. My doctor also gave me the option of starting Imuran, but I decided not to because I have a fairly mild case of Crohn's. After getting off the Entocort, I got pregnant but then had a miscarriage. After that I had another little flare-up.

My Crohn's flared up in the spring AGAIN! In addition to the Entocort and Pentasa I also just decided to start Imuran (which meant another colonoscopy) to hopefully prevent these seasonal flare-ups.

Anyway, that's just a snapshot, but I'm glad to be here :)