• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story - greetings from Austria

Hello!

My name is Anna. I am from Austria. I got my first diagnosis with 16 years in 2009.
I have crohns disease with involved oesophagus.
My doctors (i had so many of them...) tried everything what the EMA approved for my country. For example: Imurek (Azathioprine), Mesalazine, Methotrexate, Cortisone, Humira (Adalimumab) and some other similar medicaments..
At the early beginning of the disease imurek was helping very well.. but then the doctor decided to put it away because of drug fever.
Since then nothing really helped again. The Cortisone therapy lasted about 2 years, so i have many problems with the side effects to date...

Now they will try the last approved medicine Remicade (Infliximab). I hope that it will help, but the doctor already told me, that i shouldn't have to high hopes.

I'm having an exacerbation for about one and a half year now. The only medicine i got in this time were painkillers or opiates.
Currently i have to take Diazepam, Metamizole and Pantoprazole (2x1)

I hope my english was understandable for you, it's not my first language.

Greetings, Anna

PS: Please try not to use to much slang :D

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Anna and welcome.

I hope the new medication works for you.

I'm sending you my support and best wishes.

P.S. your English is very good.