• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story- Living with Crohn's in College

Hello everyone, my name is Chloe and I am in my 2nd year of college. I found out I had Crohns in March. I had been sick for a month and had a fever for about 3 weeks before anyone could figure out what was wrong with me. I had several tests, a colonoscopy, and CT Scan and after those they were able to diagnose me with moderate to severe Crohns disease. I was then taking Prednisone which of course made me crazy. I ended up missing about 2 to 3 weeks of school. It was so hard to get caught up, but I finished the year with a 3.3 GPA.This school year I am trying to manage my stress better and eating gluten free more. However, I am having trouble finding food that I like because I am VERY picky and eating food that is good for me. Recently I have ate more fast food because I haven't had time to make anything, but I know it is making me sick. The last few days I have had spots on my face, diarrhea, and I have gotten sick once. I am afraid there is a flare coming? Is there anything I can do to stop it, or to make me feel better?

Hello everyone, my name is Chloe and I am in my 2nd year of college. I found out I had Crohns in March. I had been sick for a month and had a fever for about 3 weeks before anyone could figure out what was wrong with me. I had several tests, a colonoscopy, and CT Scan and after those they were able to diagnose me with moderate to severe Crohns disease. I was then taking Prednisone which of course made me crazy. I ended up missing about 2 to 3 weeks of school. It was so hard to get caught up, but I finished the year with a 3.3 GPA.This school year I am trying to manage my stress better and eating gluten free more. However, I am having trouble finding food that I like because I am VERY picky and eating food that is good for me. Recently I have ate more fast food because I haven't had time to make anything, but I know it is making me sick. The last few days I have had spots on my face, diarrhea, and I have gotten sick once. I am afraid there is a flare coming? Is there anything I can do to stop it, or to make me feel better?

I am sorry that you are suffering. Although I am un-diagnosed, I had difficulty during the MBA level coursework, but ate very strictly and managed to score well, and I am sure you would eventually be able to do that. IMHO being picky with regard to food is good, but of course the question of adequate nutrition is a difficult one to answer. I am sorry I cannot be of help with reference to your specific question, but I am sending you my best wishes. Hang on here and you would get valuable advice from many, I am sure.