• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story of crohns

just found out i got crohn's disease because i was so sick didnt know what was wrong with me so i went to the hospital about 5 days doing text on me so didnt have to do surgery because they don't want to do that yet! my flare up started about 4 years ago but i didnt know whats wrong just though it wasa stomach pains so i had it 4 years ago but just notice latly i do got crohn's. i dont understand what i can or can't do? i know about foods and diets just i am smoker and heard smoking is bad for crohn's? i smoked for 15 plus years it seems foods i eat i get flare ups? wonder i can smoke but watch my diet? please any idea's? thank you

:)I'm sure quitting smoking is a good idea, I quit ten yrs ago after smoking for 20 some yrs. So, I know how hard it is, but you can do it if you really want too. Avoid any foods that are spicy or tomato sauce and also fried foods and fast foods. Chinese really gets to me too for some reason, though I love it. Avoid alot of veggies like beans and corn and things that make you go like cabbage. Although saurkraut is a great probiotic. Eat it once in awhile. Try to eat as natural as possible without processed food or sugary things. They cause alot of bad bacteria in the intestines. I go to soft chicken and rice when I am feeling bad.Hope this helps some!

Thats very true..Yes i better stop smoking for the best right? lol I been watching my diets what i eat just a life changer stuff got to eat now :( thank you for your reply!

It helped me to use the patch Walmart had their own brand and was alot cheaper. I just used it for 3 weeks and then went to lowest one. It did help to avoid the terrible grouchies!!!:)

I asked my doctor If I can smoke them elec smokes just for nicotine really low nicotine so far no flares up or nothing so that helps my stress out!

So far no flares up and having no troubles with it. When it does I will stop :) just mostly watching my diets that's most flares comes lol. It been 4 days I got out of the hosiptil when I had my really bad flare up sense then I don't have any flares so I am doing it right? Just new at this Crohn's

i been out of the hospital sense july 7th when i found out i had crothn's. It was a life changer for sure in a way i was in lot of pain in them 5 days i was in the hospital so i learn some idea's on this website what to eat are not to do. i am catching on alittle and still learning not to eat and do eat. i been smoking when i was 16 years old and after i found out smoking bad for crothn's so i stop cold turkey! I heard nictine is really bad for crothn's?! sometimes i get confused about this crohn's thing? ppl say this and other say this? its confusing..what kind of vitamins i needed?

i been out of the hospital sense july 7th when i found out i had crothn's. It was a life changer for sure in a way i was in lot of pain in them 5 days i was in the hospital so i learn some idea's on this website what to eat are not to do. i am catching on alittle and still learning not to eat and do eat. i been smoking when i was 16 years old and after i found out smoking bad for crothn's so i stop cold turkey! I heard nictine is really bad for crothn's?! sometimes i get confused about this crohn's thing? ppl say this and other say this? its confusing..what kind of vitamins i needed?
Vit D3 and fishoil, magnesium(with main ingredient as magnesium oxide) Stearate can give you diarrhea. See how much you need and when it start giving you the runs. zinc too. Take a good multi too. Also probiotics that are good, not cheap ones. B12 is also one most crohnnies don't absorb. The gel ones melt and maybe you would benefit from them, alot of people say Boswellia really helps too. Look on the main page undr supplements and they will tell you what they all are and do for you.:)Natural News web page has a lot of good vitamins and herbals they sell if you go to their store page.

I ate hashbrowns other day got me sick! Forgot can't eat anything fried. Ate it 3 days ago and still little sick! Lately I been really tired I sleep all day yesturday so what's wrong with me?