• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story- Update 2

So, 2 weeks ago I posted from Children's Hospital. Turns out my Crohn's has moved to a spot they can't find... I had an upper GI done last week and had blood work done. Just waiting on those to come back now. Friday night, I ended up going to Gatlinburg and walking around. Later that night, I ended up with severe stomach pains and I went to the bathroom because something felt off and I had started bleeding from my back end. It scared me to death so I ended up going home after that. I had not gone to the bathroom like that within about 4 hours of it starting. It just started out of nowhere after the pains did. I have another doctor's appointment next week where hopefully everything is okay. If not, I end up back in the hospital.
So, yeah... I am seriously hoping things turn around and soon. I'm 15 and this really sucks.

valleysangel92

Staff member
I'm sorry that things are so tough for you right now. Although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 19 , my symptoms started at 15 , I never had bleeding though and I can't imagine how scary that must of been.

Have you called to inform your GI of the bleeding? If not then make sure you do if it happens again .. I was told to call straight away if I started to bleed, no matter how soon my next appointment was.

I know it's hard but try not to worry too much. It could be something like a fissure, which is a small tear in the lining of the rectum.

David

Co-Founder
I'm so sorry to hear about this newest hurdle you're facing. I can imagine that was extremely scary to experience :(

I pray that they are able to get things under control for you soon.

All my best to you!

afidz

Super Moderator
I wish you the best of luck at your appointment and I hope your doctor is able to help you without a hospital visit. How are you feeling now?