• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story using humira

Hi, a little background. Diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 1980,had severe symptoms leading up to 1st emergency surgery in 1981. Two surgeries resulting in removal of secum,iliem,appendix many feet of intestine. 2nd surgery reconnect. Scare tissue removal and some intestine removed. I do not know if my previous treatments of remicade caused me to lose my entire thyroid and my right kidney. I have to take a antibiotic for cucci fungas for life because of Crohn's.

As those of you who have moderate to severe crimes disease I will not discuss all the mental and physical trauma I am sure most of you have gone through. Thank God for Humira. Only Humira has helped live a relatively normal life. I was constantly looking for bath rooms. I have had diverticulitis. According to my GI doctor this happens with Crohn's patients. I hope Humira will work for those looking for a possible remission. I am 61 years old to give you a idea how long I have had Crohn's. I consistently exercise,do not eat uncooked vegetables,nuts,rice and fast foods. Try not to eat fast foot. I take humira injections every 15 days. Hope this helps. Think positive,this helps with your health of course. Thank you for reading my story and forgive my spelling relating to some medical terms.I am not a doctor. DrLopez is a nickname I received while in the military.