• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story with the rectocolitis

I begin just to say excuse me if my English is not very good, I know that but the informations are best in USA .
Here in France I have not find parallels informations.
If you speak here of Medical cannabis to your doctor your are systematiclly, just strange or stupid.

So I prefer to come here fore find unrestricteds informations and be open has all the possibilities including medical cannabis .

I m a man of 45 years hold and I have rectocolitis RCH, actually in crisis with intestin rectale stenosis and osseous symptoms and intestinals inflamations and gastrics manifestations.

My treatment are actually Fivasa, 6 ASA and corticoids, there is no positive effects .
This no my first crisis but the highest .

Two weeks ago I takes CBD and there is a lot of positive effects.

I would like to make the oil of Rick Simpson for further.:thumright:

I hope the best for alls in the future .

Friendly Serge31

Lady Organic

Staff member
Bonjour et bienvenue Serge:)
Medical cannabis is gaining popularity in Canada. I have tried it under medical supervision for about a year or so. Maybe there are a medical clinic specializing in cannabis in your region. I only tried CBD part of the cannabis, not the THC, not willing to take the risk of playing with my psychological and cognitive function in the long term. Unfortunately, CBD didnt help me. IM glad cannabis can help you, but does it help only feel less pain or you see a decrease of symptoms (blood, number of stools per day, etc) ? cannabis can sure reduce the perception of pain, but what is most important is: does it really reduce the clinical and endoscopic symptoms of the disease for you.

Bonjour et merci de ton accueil

Here, no medical supervision for us.
The Cannabis is forbidden and very badly seen by the Medical authorities, They also do the war to the CBD.
when we take it this is alone in our corner.

So, I dont like to be destroy with THC, I take just CBD and When the pain is too strong I Add just a little part of THC with the CBD.
It s very effective but I little not to say with certainty that the potency is not just on the symptoms, I hope there is a real efficiency on the source of the problem, no certainties.

CBD with a little part of THC have for effects to remove almost totally the pain,
Limit the bleedings, calm the inflammatory crisis, Limit a little the diarrhea and the number of saddles .
I little not to judge with certainty.

The officials Drugs have not work on me and i search the least bad solution for an improvement.

This is very important for me to try on me for know after and see after colonoscopy for compare before and after Cannabis or CBD.

Sorry again if my English is not very good .

For the food, I eat just Bio and never Gluten or Caragenanes .
If I eat the slightest quantity of Gluten that multiplies tenfold my symptoms and if I insists that provoke an acute crisis.

I hope the best for you.

Lady Organic

Staff member
yes, you have the good approach by wanting to compare with the colonoscopy. Some people refuse treatment and prefer to try the alternative routes to finally end up at the emergency. Alternatives can work for some, but not for everyone and like any other treatment, a close monitoring of disease activity with the GI is important, whether we chose conventional or alternative therapy.
I focus a lot on diet too and I aslo eat everything organic. Have your read or heard about dr Jean Seignalet? This could interest you. A simple version of his big medical book is written by Jacqueline Lagacé : ''Comment j'ai vaincu la douleur et l'inflammation chronique par l'alimentation'' . I highly recommend this reading to you, it is very interesting:)