• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

my story

how are you all ? I am so happy to know that I am not only in the world. After reading some of the stories I have got loads of courage to fight with this disease.

I have always been very healthy and and quite keep about my career. Used to work out 5 days a week and no drinking and smoking habit. I was on my way to become medical representative after finishing my masters. I remember a day I had a lump on my left buttock in april 2009. the lump was discharging with quite a loads of pus and it was very painful. i was loosing my weight and was feeling very weak. Dr just thought that I have got abscess it needs to be drained out. Finally my dad made up his mind and brought me to india for better treatment as it took 6 months for dr to get my surgery done.

I was diagnosed with extra pulmonary Tuberculosis. That was quite shocking for everyone and got absolutely messed. After operation I was given long term medication. Got back to UK after having my operation done.
While I was on TB medication I started having rectal bleeding and going to loo quite a few times in a day. Again I went to see GP and GP kept telling me that i have got nothing but piles and fissure it will be cured after finishing my medication of tuberculosis as they thought it could be a side effect of TB medication. i bare all this problems for more than 8 months and again I kept loosing my weight and finally one day i got faint in toilet.

Again I went to india for better treatment and where I got diagnosed with proctitis afecting six inches of my colon. I was given asacol, steroids and vitamin tablets. but still did not feel better. after going thought colonoscopy 9 times they could figure out i can be having UC or chron's disease. it's still not clear yet.

I started to fallow strict diet. no more oily food, or dairy products.. and trying to eat healthy food all the time. Right now i am going to toilet about 5-6 times a day where i used to go for 10-15 times a day. it bleeds about once a week. Have not put on any weight but the good thing is i am not feeling very weak. hoping to get better and still feeling that i will be cured one day though it is not possible but dont know have got feeling that i will get completely cure.

beacause of light threatening asthmatic attack, extra-pulmonary tuberculosis and chron's disease i have lost 2 important years of my career. would have been professional medical representative if i didnt have these problems and would have had my own house. Right now I am struggling to get even part time job.
still waiting for a miracle that cures me completely. :tongue:

Hi Paul
It sounds like you've been having a very hard time :-( So what is happening now? Do you have any other tests scheduled to try to find out if you have Crohn's or UC?

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Paul and welcome! I am so sorry you have been through so much, but I am happy to hear you are improving. Besides changing your diet, are you on any medication?

I sure hope your good feeling of one day being cured is a foreseeing of a possible cure in the near future! But until that day (we can cross our fingers), keep up with your diet, take your medication, de-stress, and exercise.

Thanks helen thanks jill :)

Thank you for your reply guys,

At the moment I am not taking regular medication. I take Asacol and vitamin b12 suplements twise a week. I know I am being stupid but i dont wanna create any tolerance for medicines coz it's gonna make my situation worse. Strict diet and yoga has brought me back on track a bit. I was feeling really bad when i was on steroids and it didnt do anything for me. but some herbal medicines with yoga has helped me a lot.
I drink traditional psyllium husk and besils seeds (with warm water) twice a day.
two bananas or some other fruit for my lunch. drink glass of water every hour to keep myself hydrated. I avoid eating deep fried stuff, chilies or something that creates constipation. I take vitamin supplements for sure. alovera juice and goat milk are natural anti-inflammatory agents and trust me they are working quite well. I know some people are not okay with alovera juice but it works for me.
And it doesnt matter if i get diagnosed with UC or chron's coz the fact is there is no cure. I will be fallowing the same diet what ever i get diagnosed. with. Also I will have to wait for a month to get my colonoscopy done which is quite annoying. NHS is shit here in UK. sorry about the bad language i used.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
If you found a natural route that works for you, then keep up what you are doing. It is wonderful news you doing well. However, if you find yourself taking steps backward, please keep an open mind about traditional medication. If you get worse and can't get well using your current treatment plan, you could cause permanent damage if you don't take action in an appropriate amount of time.