• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

**My Story**

Hi my name is Joe and I'm a new member to this forum. Here is my story...... (very short version!:thumright: )

I was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 12 and have had it for 17 years now. I've been in "remission" for about 9 years now and I owe it all to Infliximab (Remicade).

Prior to this I went through it ALL!!! I've had 7 major surgeries (2 emergency, 1 of them went very wrong and I'm glad I'm here to talk about it!), colostomy bag (during senior year of HS, worst year of my life!), re-hook up :thumleft: , and more Upper GI's & Colonoscopys for a life time...........

The doctors put me on every med with little success. Azecol, Pentasa, 6MP, Methotrexate (worst drug ever!!!!) and high doses of Prednisone. I was a sick guy for many years. I got to the point where they gave me a central line and was fed out of a bag for being malnourished.

As a result of my Crohn's and going through all of this during middle school and high school I struggled with depression and abused alcohol for quite some time.

Feel free to ask any questions! Grateful to be healthy today!!!!

-Joe

Welcome to the forum, Joe! I'm glad you have been able to find remission after having been through so much!

You will find alot of great people on the forum to share experiences and advice with, I'm sure we can learn alot from your experiences!

May you have a long, long remission!!

Angrybird

Hello Joe and :welcome: to the forum.

I am really pleased that the Remicade is keeping the tum settled for you after all you have had to go through. We do have sub forum for this med that is worth having a look at if you want to share your experience of this med: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58. How often do you now have to see your doc? Have you ever had your vitamin levels checked at all? Do you follow any type of diet?

AB
xx

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Joe!

I'm glad you're feeling well and have been for so long! :)

I hope to see you around the forum! It sounds like you have a lot to contribute. :)