• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story..

Hello im new to the forum. My names gemma im 20 years old, was diagnosed with Crohn's when i was 15. From a young age i was always ill but doctors couldnt really see anything wrong. My mom and my uncle have Crohn's so i was tested for it a few times but nothing. Until one day i got an abscess on my bum was rushed into hospital and from that day i was diagnosed with Crohn's. i was at college studying childcare i really liked it but i had to leave because i kept getting ill :( i havent been able to work i have really suffered with it bad. Its making me really depressed i have no life im constantly stuck at home because im in pain im too weak. Ilost two stone within two weeks and ever since i struggle putting weight on and i eat like a horse tbh. its horrible i hate being so skinny and fragile i feel like an 80year old woman. ive tried infliximab at first it helped but now it dont also tried azathioprine no luck there just kept giving me abdo pain and making me feel sick :( i just really want to get better. i had an ectopic pregnancy in 2010 had my right tube removed been trying for a baby ever since no luck there but thats making me depressed too i need to hurry up and get better but i just dont know what to do i dont know about all the treatments available :/ my doctors and hospital are crap so if anyone can post some useful information i would appreciate that