• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I am a 33 year old women who has always had problems with my bowels. Last year I found out that I have crohns diseases which scared me to death. I'm still not on any drugs for it which I probably should be, but every time I make a appointment to go and see the doctor I have to cancel because I am having a really bad attack. I just found out a couple days ago that I am pregnant which scares me to death as I do not know what to expect, I already have two boys but this pregnancy already seems different as I'm having really bad abdomal pain and I'm not sure if this is normal, I was not trying to get pregnant at all also have been on birth control for 9 years. Has anyone become pregnant knowing they had crohns but not on any medication for it yet and became pregnant??? Super worried...

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think you need to get onto your GI and get an appt booked for as soon as you can and explain that you have found out that you are pregnant and get there even if you have to use the loo's at the hospital/doctors office. The pain need to be checked out especially - does it feel different to what you usually get with your crohn's? I have recently had a baby but was on meds and in remission throughout the pregnancy, being in a flare does increase the likelihood of problems and the baby being small if you are not absorbing your food properly. One thing I would say is if you're finding the pain intolerable to get to the ER.

AB
xx

Hi Carrie,

I'm not able to answer your question cos it's never happened to me, I would like previously suggested get yourself to your Drs' office and get checked out asap. Maybe the pains have nothing to do with the pregnancy and maybe the pregnancy feel different because your having a girl?....I noticed you said you had 2 boys. To put your mind at rest go see your dr. Lots of hugs to you, take care and let us know how you get on.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think the above girls have it right. You need to make an appt. and get to the Dr. ASAP.

I hope you find good health soon.

Jim
(Pops)