• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hi everybody, i got diagnosed with crohns disease in July 2011. Im new to this site been reading about everybody so i thought id join. this is my story.
For about a year i was suffering really badly with my tummy horrible cramps and really bad pain. i eventually got taken in to hospital and they came to the conclusion it was pelvic inflamitary disease and they said it would go away. It never did the pains got worse the diaroreah came and i lost lots of weight. My gp finally refferd me to a gastroentologist and i had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. straight away from what he saw he said i had crohns disease. my older sister has it so i pushed to be refered as i know how bad it can be. She has had two bowel ressections, a stoma for a year and had it rejoined. She is now in remission. so from seeing my sister i recognised the symptoms.
ive been in hospital about 7 times in the past 2 years having bad flare ups. also i had a little boy nearly a year ago too. Ive just recently had a small bowel resection. I feel like a new person. No pain or feeling ill. Im now back in work after 4 weeks. I hope that im in remission now and it never comes back :thumright:

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Annimaz! We're glad you've decided to join. :)

I hope you are in remission and things continue to go this well for you! :hug: