• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hi I'm new here and I just want to clarify that I am not a cop. I was diagnosed with crohns disease when I was 17. I'm in my last year of high school now AMD obviouslyit has been very challenging for me to adjust. I always wanted to go in the military as soon as I got out of high school, however crohns has prevented me from doing that. For a time I felt like giving up. I was never very big to begin with and I shrunk down to almost a 100 pounds during my first flare up. Thankfully I am better now and almost 130 pounds. As for my username I want to be a state trooper or any kind of cop. I'm not letting my disease get in the way of my dreams. I joined this.forum so I could relate to others and help support them. Sometimes I feel like nobody understands me or what I go through. But I know about everyone on this site has went what I've went through and probably much more.

Hey, no ones story is irrelevant here. I was diagnosed when I was 8, am 23 now and I am living my dream for sure. I have a beautiful daughter and a son due to be born in just under a month. I am most likely going to be having surgery soon, so I'm a little worried, but I'm hopeful.

I am very sorry to hear about you having to go through surgery. I hope everything goes well. I'm very glad I found this site.