• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

I was just told after 25 years of pain that I now have crohns. I don't understand a lot of the mubble jumble from my doctor but I went home with no tests and no meds and am in pain all the time. My question is after I eat 15 to 30 minutes I have to be in the bathroom. There is no stoping it. I have messed my paints a couple of times waiting for the bathroom. Is this what I can expect or is there meds for this?

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum! :)

Your doctor gave you no medications at all? You should definitely be starting on some form of treatment - even if there are issues with insurance approving your meds, a steroid course will be started in the meantime. Once you find an effective form of treatment, these problems should stop for you.

What tests were done to diagnose you?

I am looking for a new doctor. He said nothing works to cure it I have to learn to live with it. After reading all this I am finding a new doc. EVERY day I am in pain. I double over and almost cry from it. It feels like contractions to me anyway. It starts slow and uncomfortable then boom the pain ramps up and I better be in the bathroom. I have no meds and am so confused if I really have this. This has been going on for over a year. As a child I always had tummy troubles.

SarahBear

You definitely need a new doctor then. They can't diagnose you without testing you, and if you are diagnosed you need medication. Are you seeing a gastroenterologist or a family doctor? Either way, ditch 'em and get in to see a GI ASAP.

How severe is your pain? Do you ever notice blood in your bowel movements? Are you ever woken up at night by pain or urgency?

Family doctor....ohh yeah I get woke up every other night with what feels like labor pain. I only eat once a day and it is usually late morning so I have all day to deal with the pain and other stuff.