• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story......

hi everyone^^ my name is salima i`m from tripoli_libya
i have been diagnosed with crohn`s disease in 2011 after an acute attack of gastrointeritis. i had really rough time accepting the news being 21 years old at the time.. can`t say am doing so well even now. am having flare ups every5-6months and this week am experiencing palpitations... the fact is its quite scary for me having to deal with a new symptom.. so can you please help does adapting to it and accepting it becomes easier with time.??.. thnx... ^^

Yes it will get get easier as you understand how it effects you and what things you can eat and can not eat. You are young and strong at 21 yoa. Don't let this get you down, just keep on keeping on, and stay connected to this group . There are many really smart folks here to help.

SarahBear

Hi, Salima! Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you've been having difficulty getting your condition under control. May I ask how you're treating your Crohn's at the moment? It sounds as if a change of medications may be in order, if you continue to flare so frequently.

Like kurtflies said, it does get easier. Diagnosis and the time following it (especially when you keep flaring, as you have) is a low point. Hopefully you'll be able to achieve remission soon and things will get easier for you. Either way, you will get a better understanding of your body, your symptoms, and what to expect as time goes on. And of course, we're all here any time you need support, advice, or answers. :hug: