• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hi everyone.
I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 22 years old. Since then I've had a partial colectomy, remicade infusions as well as assail for maintenance. Beginning last September I started having the worst flare ups ever, which landed me in the hospital in December. During my stay I learned that my disease is getting worse, especially down toward my rectum. I was bleeding so much I had to get blood transfusions: -( When I was discharged I was given 60mg of prejudice which I have been tapering. I started regicide again last well and am now on delzicol 1200mg twice a day. Well my taper has come down to 30mg of pred and I now feel horrible, bleeding again, urges and empty bowels Nd massive cramping....I really don't know what to do smh

dave13

Forum Monitor
welcome Sharday89,sorry to hear how rough your having it.I wish I could tell you what to do next.I can give you support and hope someone here can help you in a direction to go.It can be hard to stay positive,that's where forums like this come in. :ghug: Keep the faith!

Thanks so much! I always see this forum and never joined but as I can see now the supprt from other people who can relate can help me out so much! Family and friends are great support but they can't really understand, sometimes I feel like I complain too much and stress them out... I even try to hide my flare ups so they don't worry as much

dave13

Forum Monitor
Glad to hear you have support with family and friends.Finding out you have a life altering disease tends to focus your attention.I have to really make an effort to not prattle on about crohn's with my wife.She cares and is supportive and I know when I focus too much on crohn's conversation.Her eyes glaze over a bit.I think part of it is there are few people we can talk to and when we are with them we open up.Here's to not driving our loved ones crazy! :ybatty: