• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I am not a Dr. or well educated so excuse the miss-spelling but I was diagnosed with UC back in the early 90's. they put me on sulfer salazine, that didn't work so they put me on prednisone, that helped, the bleeding slowly went away. Tapered off the prednisone and the flare ups would come back, I could feel my joints getting sore before the bleeding starts . After a few years of on and off of prednisone I was watching tv and saw this special of a Dentist talking about, I think its TMJ or something similar, anyway he said TMJ can be a cause for colitis or even a rotten tooth. So I made a Dentist appt. and to my surprise had a rotting wisdom tooth growing under my gums. After extracting the tooth slowly my symptoms started getting less severe and I would say in 3 years they were no symptoms and off of meds. My Dr. made me do 2 colonoscopies every year and everytime it was clear of ulcers. This is my story as best as I remember.