• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hi everyone,

I got diagnosed with crohn's disease summery of 2012. Since then I have had 2 flare ups. When I first got diagnosed I was put on prednisone along with sulfasalizine. I ended up finishing the prednisone but developing an allergic reaction to sulfasalizine. So I was med free until Jan 2014. In Jan 2014 I had another flare up, which I thought was related to stress as I was getting married in May. I was put on Prednisone and also started on Imuran 150 mg. I was fine until Jan 2015. I had another flare up, which I am currently in. Im still on Imuran and waiting to start Humira. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this medication. Has anybody tried changing their diet?

I have been bleeding since Jan 2015, had a colonoscopy which showed inflammation in colon and rectum. My bowel movements are usually formed but pass blood many times a day. Since gradually going gluten free I have noticed a decrease in the number of times I go to the bathroom.

I am a little hesitant to start humira because it is very expensive.

Welcome to the forum and to the not so wonderful world of Crohns! I didn't have the best luck with Humira, but plenty of people have so I hope it works out for you. Diet change is almost a must. Almost everyone has some foods that they know they'll have a reaction to. My suggestion would be to make a journal of food you eat everyday and how it affects you. Good information is to be had by doing this! Best of luck :)