• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

I am 43 have had crohns since I was 22. Been on many meds some have worked some have not A few years back had resection because I had an absess and obstructionI am now on Cimzia .pred. hydrocodone when needed .an antispasmodic, I eat have to go to bathroom immediately I am sore have pan that in n my abdomen near surgery site sometimes travels to my back several bouts of thrush Right now have thrush and pain on nystatin for the thrush Have done many catscans. mris nothing real new going on except.inflammation. going for a colonoscopy soon.Sick and tired of being sick and tired

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Michelle and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough battle.
Sending you my support.

Dave

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I was diagnosed with Crohn's nearly 20 years ago and I can most definitely relate to the long battle against this disease.

If your scans are showing inflammation then it sounds like you need a dosage change or perhaps to move meds again. Which meds did you try before Cimzia?