• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

I'm 18 and have had UC for about 2/3 years, I went undiagnosed because I didn't think anything of the cramps, but as they continued for about 6 months I decided to finally tell my parents and get a check up. After a multitude of tests the doctors found that I have moderate-to-severe UC. I was finally put on prednisone which seemed to calm the symptoms but brought up acne. This was hard to go through in school as no one really knows what's wrong and they think that the spots are because of bad diet and uncleanliness! I have mezovant to take on a daily basis but normally forget and so haven't used it in about 4 months.
That's a summarized story of my UC. I want to find answers though, I also seem to have terrible heartburn and it came about the same time as the UC however I can't pinpoint it to anything! Diet doesn't seem to be a cause, it has been very painful and sometimes worse than the cramps, I wondered if there is a link there?
And I also want to know why when I get a horrible cramp I salivate excessively? And after swallowing it for about 15 minutes I begin to feel a little nauseous. I just wondered if excessive salivating was another symptom of UC because I was never told of it.

Hi and welcome , i have CD nausea you do get its one of the symptoms. I also had very bad heartburn and it never wanted to stop untill my doc did a endoscopy and found that a have a hernia aswell , i think its best you talk to your doc about all this and let them have a look if you are concerned. I hope you feel better soon

Welcome to the forum. I second what Christi said. Talk to your Doctor. There some medicines that can help with the heartburn. Are you still on prednisone? Are there any plans for another medicine? There is the teen forum, maybe you would like to visit.