• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I

Irishgirl

At age 16 i was diagnosed with arthritis. as the years went on i started to get v bad stomach pains. my docs said it was cos of the different meds i was taking for arthritis
i then went to canada for a month for my 21st bday. for the whole time i was very sick with the worst pains every. every time i ate i was in the bathroom getting sick after about 20 mins. i went from 135lbs to 108lbs. i got an ultrasound and a barium xray and it showd i had crohns.

since then ive been ok on and off. arthritis wise things got really bad. i had a hip replacement when i was 25 in 2005 and i had a foot op this year. since november ive had really bad stomach pains. ive gone from 140lbs to 112lbs. ive had 2 endoscopies, this year, a cat scan and a barium xray. the last few days the pain has just been sooooo bad. i had to see my crohns doc today to get something done, otherwise i would have gone to casualty to be fixed.

he had my barium results from last wk. he said that my crohns is quite extensive now and very bad. he said my intestines are all very swollen and obstructed too. so im on steroids now for 2 months. if its not any better after 3 days he wants me to get admitted into hosp. if it is getting better, i go back in 2 weeks and i will start imuran. im already on humira for my arthritis. its supposed to help crohns too but it hasnt but its magical for my joints.

this disease can be difficult to manage. you can feel awful all day long and be in pain but cos you dont "look" sick people dont realise you are ill or dont believe you. its getting to the stage where im in work and im bent over my desk when the pain is so bad, so they know!!! hehehe

hope you guys are well

V

Valentina

Hi Irishgirl,
welcome to the site. I hope the steroids help, and quickly. sorry the humira isnt helping. must be very frustrating. good luck over the next few days, and I hope you feel better soon.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi Irishgirl,

Welcome to the forum. It is unfortunate to hear how things are currently going for you now, but hopefully the steriods can help. Sometimes when things seem the bleakest improvement occurs.

I wish you all the best though!

J

Jonny

Hi Irishgirl ,
:welcome: to the forums.I hope things improve for you let us know how it goes.
Take Care

A

andilynn09

Welcome, Irishgirl. I hope the prednisone works for you soon...although I hate the side effects, it did only take a few days for me to finally start feeling some significant improvement. Hopefully the days of being doubled over will be over soon....good luck and keep us posted.