• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

Hi everyone!

My name was Kate and I was diagnosed with Crohn's almost a year ago exactly. It was a pretty rough process. I was sick for a very long time; I was exhausted, had incredibly horrific joint pain, and, of course, painful and frequent bowl movements. I went to a few doctors and they were all convinced it was just stress because i was a Master's student and I was planning a wedding. May of last year I went to my PCP because I was in so much pain and I had lost a lot of weight. She told me it was just stress and a bad diet. It took a long time to find a doctor who would actually listen to me. I was diagnosed with Crohn's literally three weeks before my wedding. I'm so thankful for finding the right doctors. My husband and I have been working on dealing with this diagnosis, and while it has changed my life and has been hard, we are figuring it out. Crohn's has increased my anxiety but I'm learning to manage. I just learned about this forum so I'm excited to have other people to talk to who understand!

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Kate,

We all stick together around here. Feel free to say what's on your mind, we understand what this darn disease is like. Nothing is TMI. :)

Best regards,

cmack

I'd hate to congratulate anyone on having CD, but it can be a relief to finally have a diagnosis.

My first year was tough. I'm not a fan of doctors or meds, but I get extreme dysphagia that requires regular maintenance.