• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

I’m 22 I years old female . Iv had this awful disease since I was 6 years old. I had surgery to take out 10 inches of my large intestine when I was 16. And it’s only gotten worse. I can’t leave my house some days I’m running to the bathroom to much I can’t eat anything without being scared, no one seems to understand my health issues and my ex boyfriend just left me because he said we never spend enough time outside my house. I asked him to spend more time with me no matter where we are and it kills me that no one understands my diet. He would always try to make me eat meat and meat makes me sicker and I told him no and he’d get mad so many times. He left me and it broke my heart because he’s not the first to do this. And I just want someone to get what we go threw everyday.

Welcome. You have come to a great supportive group here. I am sorry for what happened that your boyfriend wasn't understanding. You said that you are getting worse. Your doctor might want to put you on something stronger. Come here anytime.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum

I'm so sorry that your boyfriend left you, but it sounds like he's done you a favour. It's very hard for people to completely understand what this is like if they've never been in this situation but people can at least be supportive and your ex certainly wasn't.

I had some really horrible relationships before I met my finace, people who made me feel like being sick was my fault and didn't take me seriously enough when things were bad. It took me a long time and a lot of encouragement to realise I deserved better than that.

In terms of your symptoms, are you taking regular medication? It might be that they haven't quite got the dosage right or you may need a totally different treatment plan. They can also do lots to try and help your symptoms including medications to slow down your bowel movements.

You may have already tried this but it could help if you keep a food and symptom diary for a week or so, write down what you're eating and how you feel, and see if your symptoms are worse after specific foods. If you find that certain foods consistently make your symptoms worse, you can cut them out for a while.

There are so many people here who understand what you're going through and can really relate to what you're feeling. Everyone here has been in situations like yours and we all know how lonely chronic illness is, but there's no need to go through this alone. Any time you need to talk, or have any questions, please come and post here. There's no need to feel embarrassed as we're all in the same boat and there's no question too small. If it would make you more comfortable talking to someone one on one then please also feel free to send me a private message. I'm only 25 myself and was sick throughout my teen years, so I can really relate to your situation.

I’m currently on entivyo and iv tried every other medication for this I just don’t know what do it. Him leaving me stressed me out and I’m scared I’m going to get sicker.

Are you on the Entyvio every eight weeks? If so, you might want to ssk the doctor about doing it every four weeks.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Gelrr...welcome to the forum. Sounds like your boyfrieind wasn't 'the one' - but please take heart - I didn't meet my husband until I was over 30!!

If you'd like to message me, please feel free to do so - I'm only about 20 minutes away from your location.....

Hopefully your doctor knows you aren't doing well right now and is working on some type of a game plan.....

Hi Gelrr...welcome to the forum. Sounds like your boyfrieind wasn't 'the one' - but please take heart - I didn't meet my husband until I was over 30!!

If you'd like to message me, please feel free to do so - I'm only about 20 minutes away from your location.....

Hopefully your doctor knows you aren't doing well right now and is working on some type of a game plan.....
We are working to get me to where I wanna be. And oh cool! I don’t know anyone around where I live with this.