• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Just turned 50yrs old a few days ago, diagnosed with Crohn's only months ago, but had it for over a decade apparently.
Third colonoscopy found 12 ulcers and one almost hole in wall all in terminal ileum.
Did this 3rd one out of cycle because "thickened terminal ileum" was noted on imaging during kidney stone issues. ER doc pointed it out as a potentially bigger problem than this 7mm stone.
My first colonoscopy was in 2009 while still active duty military, right before I retired. Never received copies of those records, but curiously researched and found the records in military archives. When I got them in the mail one note stated issues with terminal ileum, but I was never told anything about it. Just to come back in 5 years. I was suffering with this issue at that time, but was more concerned/focused on colon cancer at that time because my mother passed away from it at age 54 in 2003. I just always toughed it out, while buckled over in grueling pain almost daily. Don't ask me why. I don't know.
So anyhow I started Humira and Imuran a few months back. Not really seeing any changes. Constant issues every day and night.
So here I am seeing everyone else's experiences.

Welcome. If you have been on Humira and Imuran for several months and are still not getting any relief then the therapy is probably not working very well. It may be time to think about changing medications.

Are you being treated by a gastroenterologist? One with an interest and expertise in IBD? I suggest you discuss with your doctor about whether it is time to try different medication in the hope of a better outcome.

I was given 10 refills of the Humira so that equals 10 months of injections but there wasn't a follow up appointment made so I'm going to call and see if I can get in earlier to address it. It is with a gastro doc who seems quite in depth with IBD knowledge.
I appreciate you confirming my suspicions that I should be seeing some relief by now. Since I'm still a rookie at this mess, it's nice to get some sanity check feedback on where I should be.