• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

Hi all! I’m new to this forum but saw this thread called “my story” and just wanted to share and see if anyone had a similar experience. I’m a 22-year-old medical student and about four months ago began with brutal, intermittent pain in my right lower abdomen which I could never figure out the source of. I finally went to my doctor and after puzzling her as well, I had an ultrasound and a CT scan, which ended up being “most suggestive of Crohn’s.” About a month ago I had a colonoscopy and the pathology results were yet again suggestive of early Crohn’s/IBD... but no doctor seems to be the one to want to put a formal diagnosis on it.
Anyway, struggling to figure out what things trigger me and what things are safe, but I’m glad to have found this forum. Nice to meet you all!