• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story-

L

Lyssa

Hey everyone- go to mylifeandcrohns.com for more!
I guess this is where I tell you all about my story. My story begins fairly recent. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease In October of 2005. I was having severe stomach pain for many weeks before that. I was attending college, and my grades weren't the best. I couldn't concentrate and i didn't feel like myself. So finally i told my boyfriend about all the pain I was going through. He then made me talk to my mom, which then she got me a doctors appointment. The first doctors appointment, he told me it was just a virus, and with time it would go away. YA right, 2 more weeks, still the same amount of pain in my stomach accompanied by diarrhea (and all the time). We went to more doctors. They thought it might have to do with my ovaries, which freaked me out, so i had an ultra-sound. Which came back to be perfectly normal. This was good, but I still had no answers. Finally I went to a good friend, who is a surgen. Talking with me and getting a few tests done he told me, he thought i had Crohn's Disease. Now for a girl of 18, (or anyone for that matter) hearing this came as a big shock and I was very upset. Next things next, i had to do all the testing,, colonoscopy,, (which i want to say, drinking that stuff before hand is horrible), sure enough I had inflamation. Not two days after that, I was in the emergency room, and stayed in the hosptial for 4 days. I was extremely dehydrated, and in much pain. When I got out of the hospital I was layed up in bed for almost a week. It took me a long time to get my total strength back. From then on, I have been on many medications, and I have been up and down. If you want to know more about Crohns or my story visit my blog mylifeandcrohns.com. It has many good useful tips I have learned through this proccess.

V

Valentina

Hi Lyssa. welcome to the site.. this disease is always teaching us... bit of a nuisance. but at least it keeps us on our toes.. right?! lol
hope you get some good results soon with your meds etc..

Kev

Welcome Lyssa... Congratulations to your support team and yourself for not taking 'virus' as an answer.. Or ovaries, or anything else that got tossed your way.. Way to go. Think you'll find that IBD is an ongoing learning experience...

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
Welcome Lyssa -- my own recent diagnosis pretty much sucked as well. However, I have now gotten off all the meds and am doing great with alternative medicine. There are things to help out there!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

welcome to the forum Lyssa

:welcome: ((hugs))

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I pray that you have a good time ... meet lots of folks & have a great time here with us. I am GRANDMA BEAR aka KAREN. The group here let me in due to the fact that my husband is the one with CROHN'S & the support here is wonderful so have a great time !!​