• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My turn to share

M

Mntallyblonde

August of last year and I was turning 20 and weighed 130lbs. I didnt want to be leaving the teenage years and now I know why. A few weeks after turing 20 I started having really bad back pain and stomch pain all night long. After my mom found me one two many night be sick again in the bathroom we went into see the doctor. She told me that it was IBS and I need to stop stressing. "Stressing? I thought to myself, " What do I have to be stressed over?" My life for a 20 year old was good. Yeah we have our family problems but doesnt everybody? Then in November I became anemic . The question that I had was were am I bleeding from? The doctors told me its from heavy periods. Ok well I thought those have always been the same why now. Then after Thanksgiving I ended the 4 days off with a night in the E.R. And after 4mg of morphine I was feeling great. The doctor that was taking care of me was ready to take out my apentix (?) then decided that it was too much bacteria in my intestines. After that thing just started going down hill. I started running temps was the weirdest times and losing weight. I was at the doctors every two weeks. But know one really knew what was going on. March hit and I was 111 lbs at the start by mid march I was 109lbs by the end 104lbs. My mom went crazy and we had appointment to see a GI in two weeks. Well easter sunday I could lay down sit or stand up I was in to much pain! So back to the E.R. we go. This it they find something!! I never felt so good to hear the doctor say there is something wrong with you, but I'm not sure what it is. After an 8 day hosptil stay they knew it was Crohn's. I felt so good having a problem and now there was something that I could work on making better. I was upset that it took 9 months to find out what was wrong but now I know. The end

K

Kossy

Welcome to the board. Sorry it took 9 months to figure out that you are "one of us." Crohnies for live! Peace out!

K

Kate

Welcome to the board. I hope you find this site bennifical to you. All us crohnies need to stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best hun
Kate

D

Donna

Welcome but sorry you are diagnosed with Crohn's.

You are lucky...it takes some people years to find out what is wrong...but it is always nice to know what you have so you can stop feeling like it is all in your head. I know for me, I was going nuts, and sooo sick and tired of hearing it was hormonal imbalances due to pregnancy, or IBS, or the like. I knew in my heart what was wrong, just the doctors didn't, and that was most frustrating.

Well, now that you know, now you can work on your getting better!! And always remember....you can come here to vent or whatever! We have all been there!!!

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL
Mntallyblonde ... A BIG WELCOME ABOARD ... comes to you from GRANDMA BEAR !! I am sure that you will find plenty of friends here willing to give you the help & support that your looking for. Sorry to say that I am not the one with CD it's my loving husband of 28 years that has it & so I have been there for him & in turn he has been there for me !! So, make yourself at home & have fun ... see you around soon !!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks a lot for sharing your story. Here is too hoping that the remainder of your 20's are much less frustrating!

M

Mozam

Hello Blondie!

Good to have you aboard the board. Hope everything gets better for you soon, and that you keep in touch with us all! We're a good crew, honest!

Take care

L

little_sami

Nice to read people's stories here, it's fascinating how every one is so different, thank you for sharing yours

M

Mntallyblonde

Just wanted to update. I'm coming off the 40mg prednisone 5mg a week. I'm doing so much better!! :thumright: I'm up to 115lbs its nice to be able to sit down in a chair and not hurt. I go back to the doctors in August for a check up. A thought came to me as I'm typing this about food. What are some things that all of you can eat that doesnt cause pain? I dont eat much more than fish, chicken, and a little red meat, but after a month I really dont want to eat it anymore. I'm a scared in trying new things. Last time I did I was in pain for a week. I guess thats all for now. :D

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi MntallyBlonde, I'm sorry I don't know your real name, lol.
Don't be afraid to try new foods hun, you have to experiment so you know what foods you can tolerate, and which ones you can't. I use to stay away from lettuce, nuts, anything that would or could possibly trigger a flare. On the other hand, I would also try new foods in moderation though, to see if my tummy could take it or not. I'm very happy your tapering off the predinisone, and feeling much better.

Big Huge Hugs

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi MntallyBlondie

:welcome:
hope to see you around posting and thanks for sharing your story

D

DiNozzos_Chick

MntallyBlonde! :D I am Kalyn .... Hope you enjoy yourself here!! :)