• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Natural Remedy for Fistulas and Perianal Abscess

The current medical treatment for perianal abscess (which often results in a fistula) involves oral drug antibiotics and manual drainage of infection from the abscess. However, many doctors wish there was an alternative treatment, since it is so hard to get antibiotics to the actual infection site. Oral antibiotics are processed via the GI (digestive) system, so very dilute amounts end up reaching the rectal area. The good news is: We DO have an alternative treatment that delivers a very powerful natural antibiotic directly to the abscess site.

We now have a large number of sufferers who have tested this protocol and nearly all have had a marked improvement, with the majority seeing complete healing. So I have posted the protocol here and if you try it, please post your comments to let us know how it worked, whether you changed or adapted it, etc.

I'm going to adapt this protocol by using MSM in place of DSMO

One of my readers took the basic Wild Oregano Syringing protocol below and improved upon it by using an infrared laser to cause the wild oregano to penetrate more deeply and also to speed healing. So be sure and read this article as well before beginning treatment.

Most recently, based upon our experiments with healing anal stenosis and strictures and also intestinal strictures, I also gave a few readers an even more potent formula than just wild oregano. However, since this formula contains DMSO, you should only use it under strict instructions, after you have been educated about this powerful substance (which instantly transports through the skin almost any substance it comes in contact with). I will give you this new, experimental formula at the end of this post, with instructions for the eBook you need to get to know how to use and apply it.

http://blog.listentoyourgut.com/perianal-abscess-natural-treatment/

Perianal Abscess and Fistula Treatment Protocol

There is also specific intructions for treating a rectovaginal fistula.

I haven't tried the above protocol, but am quite willing to give it a go. I have and will eat and drink just about anything, but DSMO and MSM - methylsulfonylmethane - are two substances that have really concerned me. I even purchased MSM (sulfur) and left it sitting in the cupboard for months while I scoured the net for as many for & against articles, user reviews that I could find. I have sulfur antibiotic allergies (butterfly rash on muzzle and hands) and have a bung kidney thanks to mesasal, another sulfur-based medication. Fear: there was no doubting my immune system recognising this potentional enemy and going haywire after all my efforts to soothe it.

Dread: With each new remedy there is always a detox period and MSM is a big detoxer according to all my reading.

Biting the bullet: I wasn't ingesting it. I make up a weak solution and applied it across my belly. Some time later (not sure exactly how long, maybe an hour or more) I became aware that I was scratching at my belly. Sure enough, there was the red reaction I was waiting for. I could also taste it and feel the reaction around my mouth even though there was no redness on face.. [this taste I associate with mesasal. even after yrs of taking it that taste never diminished. GI - Dr. Jeanette McDonald, Wollongong Hospital - never listened.]

I left it a full 48hrs before trying again. Result: No redness; slight itch; still taste it. Another 48hr rest. Over the weeks I've increased the strength of the solution until I got a headache. The pain relief is amazing but don't use it late in the evening or you'll be up all night knitting

The mixture: 1/4 teaspoon MSM to 250mls water. After much more muffing around applying it to my neck and elbow for pain relief/ using it to carry vitamin E, and adding it to some diy shampoo, moisturiser, coconut oil fistula wipes, I'm now adding it to my cup of tea at the brave rate of 1 tsp several times a day. No reaction. I'm now also giving it to the dog at the same rate after seeing MSM capsules for dog arthritis.

A bit more on MSM - methylsulfonylmethane:

The clinical use of sulfur as an adjunct in our diet is becoming progressively more recognized as an important tool for optimizing health.

Certainly, diet is the primary tool for reducing your risk for chronic degenerative diseases. But the practical question becomes, how do you obtain the needed sulfur from food grown in depleted soils?

The nutrient MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in all vertebrates, including humans. MSM is already well-known for its joint health benefits, but it may be important for a whole host of other reasons as well.

“MSM is in almost all raw foods. It’s in leafy green vegetables. Interestingly enough, there’s MSM in beer and coffee. Actually, it’s been identified as one of the main flavoring constituent in port wines... raw milk has the highest naturally occurring content of MSM.”

Toxicity studies have shown that MSM is extremely safe and can be taken at very, very high doses. Even if you have a very rich diet full of raw vegetables and MSM-rich foods, you can still supplement and not hit that toxicity level. Clinical research studies have found that the effective amounts range from about 1.5 grams to 6 grams, although at higher doses, potential side effects include:

Intestinal discomfort
Swelling of the ankles
Mild skin rashes

These are likely detoxifying effects that can typically be mitigated or minimized by cutting back on the initial dosage, and slowly working your way up. In that case, you might want to start out with half a gram (500 milligrams) for a couple of weeks and then slowly increase until you get up to the desired dose.

MSM is approved for use in fortified food and beverage and gram quantities may be consumed when consuming raw diet and approved MSM fortified foods. The amount from the fortified foods that have been approved would be between 1.9 to 3.8 grams per day. For comparison, intake of MSM from natural sources such as fruits and vegetables would be in the milligram per day range of about 2.3 to 5.6 mg/day.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/03/03/msm-benefits.aspx

MSM originates in the ocean and reaches the Human Food Chain through rainfall. It is a natural sulfur compound “found in all living things.” MSM is Nutritional Sulfur and is one of the prominent compounds found in our bodies, just behind water and sodium. You will hear people say they are allergic to sulfur, and they are, “chemical sulfurs” found in sulfas, sulfides and sulfates. Chemical Sulfurs and Nutritional Sulfurs are as different as water and gold.

MSM is the flexible bond between Proteins. When old cells die and new cells are formed they need the flexible bond MSM provides, for the skin to bend. Without it you get wrinkles, cracking skin, scar tissue, hardening of arteries and Emphysema. They are all Vitamin C and MSM related. You need lots of Vitamin C to build the new flesh. A deficiency in Vitamin C & MSM leads to strokes, heart attacks, varicose veins, spider veins, chronic nosebleeds, bruising, weak veins and arteries. MSM plays a major roll in “healthy body functions”.
------------------------------

MSM is needed by the body for healthy connective tissues, and joint function, proper enzyme activity, and hormone balance, along with proper function of the Immune System. Simply put, if your immune system is not functioning properly it may lack MSM. Remember there are many things that can contribute to an improperly functioning Immune System.

It has been found through supplementation, that MSM improves many health problems. Here are just a few where MSM has been found to be very effective: Allergies (“Pollen & Pet”), Food Allergies, Asthma, Emphysema, Lung Dysfunction, Migraine Headaches, Sinusitis, Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Skin Problems, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Diabetes, Cancer, Lupus, Interstitial Cystitis, Scleroderma, Stomach & Digestive Track Problems, Diverticulitis, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Heart Burn, Hyperacidity, Circulation, Cell Osmosis & Absorption.

For Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Skin Problems & Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, you well find that adding MSM Lotion also works well. Just rub the lotion into the affected area. You must still use the MSM & Vitamin C. These products are very effective for the above diseases.

Read More http://www.cancertutor.com/msm-article/

I'll update any and all results as I increase the potency.

24/ 1/ 2015: Added 20mls to approx. 100mls freshly juiced homegrown capsicums / peppers (2) and a few handfulls of homegrown cherry tomatoes. From this I'll do 30ml shots throughout the day. :cool:

Last edited:
25/1/2015: Since pred. hastens true healing, and I'm always covered in gardenening scrapes, I decided to apply some MSM solution to some relatively minor scrapes. Within seconds the sites turned very pink and itched like mad. But the bleeding stopped much quicker than usual. This may give me an idea as to how it will feel on the inside, I figure.

26/1/2015 Australia Day *waves flag*

30mls msm
boosting
50mls Colloidal Silver: I've been taking CS daily for about 16mths now.

I held each mouthful for as long as I could before swallowing. Some time later I noticed my garden scrapes itching and pink even though I hadn't applied the solution topically! I can also feel it itching inside my left leg and upper right side intestine + stomach. Plenty of hunger pangs going on as well.

------------------------

MSM may also be effective in ameliorating gastrointestinal upsets such as that produced by the ingestion of aspirin and other pharmaceuticals or parasitic infections. Individuals with gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chronic constipation, nausea, hyperacidity and/or epigastric pain, or inflammation of mucous membranes may also experience some relief. Individuals with symptoms of pain and inflammation associated with various musculoskeletal system disorders, including arthritis, reported substantial and long-lasting relief. A combination of MSM and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) reported a greater benefit. This combination has been reported especially useful in correcting leg cramps, as in athletes who experience severe leg cramps during sports activity. Migraine sufferers also have obtained substantial relief while arthritic patients report relief from pain and stiffness as well as reduced swelling and inflammation.

Clinical tests suggest that MSM has ameliorating or curing activity against a variety of medically important parasitic, microbial, fungal problems of the intestinal and urogenital tracts. MSM appears active against Giardia lamblia (traveler's diarrhea), trichomonas Vaginalis, Nematodes, Enterodbius and other intestinal worms, systemic infections by Histoplasma Capsulation, Coccidioides Toxoplasma and other in vitro susceptible organisms. MSM may affect such infection by competing for binding or receptor sites at the mucous membrane surface presenting a blocking interface between host and parasite. It also appears to augment immunological competence which may also partly explain its effectiveness in treating parasitic infections.

Less than 20% of the population may experience negative detoxification symptoms in the first one to ten days during which toxins are flushed from the system. Symptoms may include some diarrhea, skin rash and/or possible headache along with several days of fatigue. In general, some health experts say that the more intense the symptoms the more toxins there are in the body and the more MSM is needed for detoxification. To reduce toxic symptoms (if you suspect candida or metals) start with a lower dose.

Site:The Olive branch