• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea After Four Weeks From Ileocolic Resection?

Hi there. I am sorry you are feeling this way. I wonder if you're just getting a little bit of the stomach bug that's been traveling around this winter? I had it about 3 weeks ago, and I felt just terrible for about 24 hours. Anyway, after surgery for me, about 8 weeks now, I do not feel 100% great, either. I go from feeling like I can eat anything and energetic, to feeling very tired and having frequent diahrea. I don't think its a flair, but I do't think I'm recovered yet, either.

Hang in there.

Adam

David

Co-Founder
Two things to check would be your vitamin B12 and magnesium levels as deficiency in either can lead to nausea. I say that because both are absorbed in your terminal ileum and since you had some of that removed, your chances of deficiency are increased. Obviously there can be a wide variety of causes, but those are two to look into.