• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea and blood

Hi, I've been diagnosed back in September 2017 and before that I have always felt nauseous. It stops me from going places where I would like to because I'm worried if it will get worse or I will actually be sick. for the past three days I've felt more sick than I normally would and this morning I noticed blood when I wiped. This happens a lot and it is only tiny amounts of blood in the poo or the paper. I want to know if it is normal to have little bits of blood now and again or if it is a tiny flare up. thankyou

cmack

Staff member
Hi eliseypops,

It could be a problem, or it may be minor. You might try cleaning the area in the shower with the wand for a while and see if it heals, (instead of toilet paper) hot salty baths can help to promote healing too. Sometimes toilet paper alone can cause bleeding, it does for me. I would get it checked if it keeps happening for too long or worsens. Maroon, or darker colors of blood usually means it could be coming from higher up in the digestive tract so be extra cautious of that. Good luck and welcome.

Regards,

cmack

Lynda Lynda

Welcome 🐥

How are you doing ?

I never use regular toilet paper. I use Cottonelle Wipes or Preparation H Wipes at home and keep them in my purse.

Keep in touch. 🙂