• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea and no appetite

Can anyone offer advice please? I've only able to eat a bar of chocolate in the past 20 hours as I've been feeling really sick and my stomachs quite sore. I've tried going to the toilet but not feeling sick enough to actually be sick, and seem to be a bit constipated as well. I've got a colonoscopy on Tuesday, but apart from feeling achy all over my body now and again in the past week, my crohns has been fine.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi,

Sorry you're going through this. I'm glad you have a colonoscopy coming up.

Is your abdomine distended or hard to the touch? Are you hearing bowel sounds?

I'd be concerned about an obstruction. Are you able to drink fluids alright.

My suggestion, since its been 20 hours is to go to the emergency department at the hospital to to checked out.

Hi DJW, thanks for the reply.

Still keeping fluids down stomachs quite bloated but it usually is, but doesn't feel too hard to touch. Trying some soup at the moment which seems to be sitting ok with me, tried dipping bread in but the bread just made my stomach cramp up which is quite unusual. I'll give it a few more hours and if I still feel bad ill head to a&e

It seems like you should stick with only liquids. I would go to the ER if things get worse. I hope you feel better soon!

Still no bowel movement today, I was a little bit sick last night, but still feeling sick, and I'm still able to pass gas. As I need to start my prep tomorrow anyway, should I just leave it till then to get my bowels moving again?

If your bowels don't move I would absolutely speak with a GI dr before you start the prep. My concern would be that if you have an obstruction, the prep may make it worse. The prep is supposed to flush out your intestines completely, but if you are obstructed, taking that prep may be a recipe for disaster and pain. Please call the doctor to confirm what you should do.

The fact that you can pass gas is a good sign though! But still talk to the Dr if you haven't had a bm

Ended up speaking to nhs24 hotline who suggested using mild laxatives so using Laxido at the moment to see if that helps. Bit baffled what caused the constipation in the first place as it's not normally a problem I have lol. Hopefully this kicks in soon. Thanks everyone