• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advice - Abscess? Infection?

Hi. I was hoping someone may have some advice. Three years ago, I was diagnosed with an ulcer on the ileceocal valve and was told I needed no further treatment unless it got worse. She wasn’t concerned about Crohn's at the time and instead asked if I use Motrin a lot. Over the past year, it’s gotten much worse.

I have a constant pain in the area that gets worse when intestinal contents move through (I think) and my intestines growl constantly. But my latest symptom concerns me. I’ve had night sweats and a low body temp for the past few nights. My middle section feels warm to the touch, but my hands and feet are cold.

I don’t feel sick or nauseous or tired, and I don’t have loose stools, but I’ve read that it could be a symptom of an abscess or an infection from a perforated bowel.

I have my colonoscopy scheduled for Wednesday and have an email into my doctor, who likely won’t get back to me until tomorrow.

Has anyone experienced this? Does it warrant a trip to urgent care, or am I overreacting?

So thankful for this forum.

Last edited: