• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advice on what to eat

Hi my name is Dianna im 20 years old and was diagnosed with crohns disease in the summer of 2011 ive been put on asocal hd and unfortuantly it isnt helping and my flares are returning so my doctor just put me on prednisone.40mg I have been expieriencing so much muscle pain and weakness. I literally cant even stand because my knees are so weak. I know it is because im not getting enough nutrients and calcium. I need to know what foods or a diet that I need to stick with. My eating habits are terrible and half the time I dont even eat which makes it all worse

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to our community. Did you have knee pain before pred? It may not be lack of calcium but rather a side effect of the drug. Steroids cause many problems including bone pain and loss over time. Have they discussed a new maintenance drug instead of Asacol that might work?

Stay away from spicy foods all together. Stay BLAND. Rice, mashed potatoes, grilled chicken or fish, if you're going to have fruits or veggies make sure the veggies are steamed or canned and the fruit is canned. Stay away from foods with high fiber (hence the fruits and veggies). Water and juice is important. Stay away from any sodas and dairy products. Also away from processed foods and sugar. Just eating low-fiber and healthy foods. It's tough but worth it.

Welcome to our community. Did you have knee pain before pred? It may not be lack of calcium but rather a side effect of the drug. Steroids cause many problems including bone pain and loss over time. Have they discussed a new maintenance drug instead of Asacol that might work?
Yes ive had the knee and back pain for a while as soon as they started me on prednisone it all became worse i started having huge amounts of pain everywhere my whole spine up to the back of my neck hurt and my arms hurt. I called my doctor yesterday to explain to him the pain ive been having and what to take for it.. He said nothing but to just lower the dose of the prednisone-_- Im having a colonoscopy monday morning and am scheduled for a follow up appt two weeks after to talk about switching me to remicade or humira .. I just wish he could have given me advice on what to take or prescibe me some kind of pain medication ...

Stay away from spicy foods all together. Stay BLAND. Rice, mashed potatoes, grilled chicken or fish, if you're going to have fruits or veggies make sure the veggies are steamed or canned and the fruit is canned. Stay away from foods with high fiber (hence the fruits and veggies). Water and juice is important. Stay away from any sodas and dairy products. Also away from processed foods and sugar. Just eating low-fiber and healthy foods. It's tough but worth it.
Thankk youuu sooo much for your advice i will deffinetly take note on all of these