• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advice

Hey,
So I was diagnosed with possible IBS about a year ago but have been suffering for years now. I mentioned my flare ups to my doctor and he said that they didn't sound like something of IBS and that we could look into that as it may be something more.
He had to move due to personal reasons unexpectedly.
So what are your thoughts? Worth checking for crohns?
Symptoms: lower abdominal pain often. Sometimes it's not too bad other times it's unbarable. Constipation and diarrhea. I can become very bloated. When I have flare ups, it's not related to something I eat, I get horrible cramps, and have to run to the washroom, get a fever, get sweaty, feel horrible and spend a long time in there. And then my stomachs in pain all night. Also when I need to go for a number 2, I can't control it. And it's killing me, I feel so weird not being able to hold it. The second a get a cramp saying I need to go, I have about 2 minutes to get there. Please give me some advice? They said they can't do anything if it was IBS. But can test for crohns and then treat it. I'm just scared of the camera....
Thanks!!!

Hey there. Based on my own experience I'd get it checked (what's the harm in knowing for sure?) . Go to your GP again and tell them all that you are feeling, stress to them that you are extremely worried and get it checked. That way, if it is Crohn's you can get treatment. If it isn't, then you'll know for sure and something will still be done to ease your discomfort anyway :)
Hope this helps my friend! :D

scottsma

Hey there. Based on my own experience I'd get it checked (what's the harm in knowing for sure?) . Go to your GP again and tell them all that you are feeling, stress to them that you are extremely worried and get it checked. That way, if it is Crohn's you can get treatment. If it isn't, then you'll know for sure and something will still be done to ease your discomfort anyway :)
Hope this helps my friend! :D
I agree with the above. Also,the camera is nothing to worry about.:thumleft:

fuzzy butterfly

Hi based on what you discribe, i would say yes get checked for crohn's as scottsma said the camera is not so bad, least mine wasn't, due another shortly :eek:, no really it's ok.. best to find out n get treated asap , i did not and have lived to regret it, suffered terribly n ended up needing an operation, so try to avoid that if poss, wishing you good luck n best wishes,..:ghug:

I agree with everyone. Better safe than sorry--get things checked out. The camera and tests aren't too bad, esp compared to what you are already going through on a daily basis. Hang in there.