• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need for diet

hi friends am from india (Tamilnadu)
anyone can tell the diet foods &...how to increase the weight and whether having any chances to cure the crohn's in ayurveda.
which is best allopathy or ayurveda?

Anyone from tamilnadu means please give friend request

Hi Santhos,
for the diet, it's best to start with a few minimal foods and then, while keeping a food diary, determine what foods are well tolerated by your body. Skinless, boneless chicken and white rice seem to be the most well-tolerated foods by most people with Crohn's. I use coconut oil often, at 120 calories per tablespoon it helps to add calories and healthy saturated fat to the diet. Olive oil is good as well.
Do you have access to kefir milk? It's lactose-free, no casein and has 140 calories per cup, as well as probiotics that can really help the gut. Bananas are good too, and mangoes are usually tolerated. Almond milk and coconut milk, peanut butter, and eggs (try one at a time to see how they are each tolerated) usually do all right and can add protein and calories to the diet.

Currently there is no cure for Crohn's disease, just ways to manage the disease process and reduce flaring. Be careful when considering alternative medical options. some may be helpful but others can be harmful, especially when your body already has such a delicate balance.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome! :welcome:
I'm afraid that I'm not sure what these diets are. But can ask my husband tonight when we get home from work tonight and hopefully will have a better idea in order to answer your questions. Will talk with you again soon. Take care.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Wish I had better help. But, this medication you're asking about isn't available here in the states. And, I'm not sure who would know. I hope you're able to get the answers you're looking for. Take care.