• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need Help Doctor suspecting I have crohn

I am male 41 shifted to London in April’15 from India ,after 2-3 month I started feeling little tightness on right lower side of abandonment no other symptom was visibly exist that time. when I visited GP in October’15 he suggested me to have some test like CT Scan ,colonoscopy, blood and stool test etc.
On the basis of that he suspected that I have crohn but still want to have further test to confirm it again, but he has given me Pentesa 2g which I am taking 2 tab each twice a day
My recent symptom is as follows

1)Constantly feeling tightness on lower right abandonment all the time(24*7) some time very mild pain but nothing like it is not bearable but this feel very discomfort and even affecting my work life.

2)My morning stool is normal however in evening it will be liquid,I goes for 3-4 time a day and have not observed blood in it yet.

I am worried and confused does these are correct symptom of crohn?or should the pain should be unbearable at least when first diagnosed?
Assuming that I will be having crohn how the life will be going forward?

I am travelling to India this Month end can some one suggest Ayurvedic/Homeo treatment for this? specially in Delhi or in Ahmedabad?

Welcome. I think symptoms can vary. I have had cramping, nausea, committing and rectal bleeding. Let us know how you are.

Thanks as of now symptom are on control except feeling of little hardness and liquid stool during evening time.

GP has suggested to have MRI for small intestine to confirm further waiting for invite from NHS for that.Once done will update again?

How about you are you on remission now?

scottsma

Welcome to the forum Sunit.I hope you get results soon,but being in the UK you might have to wait awhile for an MRE appointment.Maybe 8 weeks +.Don't hesitate to go to your GP if your symptoms worsen,or even Outpatients ,at your local hospital, if you need to.I'm sure there is an Ayurvedic/Homeo thread on the forum.Type it into the search box at the top of the page and something will come up.Best wishes.

Thanks for the advise, waiting eagerly for MRE appointment..

Symptom are in control as of now but will see if worsen will surely visit doctor..In the mean time have stopped drinking and feeling little better not sure though it has any linked or not or till when it will be like that :)

scottsma

The usual Mantra on the forum is "we are all different" or should that be unique.Diet plays a big part for many people.Fatty /greasy food,veg.,fruits,nuts,seeds,and spice are just a few which have an adverse affect on "some",and a bland diet of chicken,fish,mashed potatoes are found to be beneficial when in a flare or feeling unwell.You will come to realise if some of these foods affect you.I assume it's alcohol that you've stopped drinking and not all fluids hahaha.That's a good idea and if you're feeling better, it may become a permanent change unfortunately.It's all trial and error,but you'll soon understand what suits your digestion and what's taboo.Try not to over think things or get stressed. Best wishes.

Agree too much of thinking,this is not going to bring any good to me other then stress,I am veggie so will have to do my trial and error on my diet on that space and see what suits me best.Yes drink wise it is alcohol only but dont want to stop it for ever at least would like to have vodka later when I learnt how to live with crohn :yfaint:

Thanks a lot for your support I am just starter and need help like this to begin journey of new unexpected path..

Welcome Sunit. I hope you feel better soon. Our GI told us that a lot of Asians are now getting diagnosed with Crohn's after moving to US or Canada. That's why my husband was diagnosed after he came to US from India. Not sure about treatment in India but there are quite a few threads on that. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Aarthi lets see how it goes?

Hope your husband doing well...does any one tried by going back to India and manage to cure it?